According to a recent report from Rediff Business Desk, Bangalore / Bangaluru Tops the list as the best IT destination in India.
- Bangalore : Bangalore has the heavy weights of Indian IT business namely Infosys and Wipro to lead the city to be as the best. Bengaluru accounts for almost 34 per cent of India’s total IT exports and most of the business, if not all are around IT.
- Hyderabad : It business in Hyderabad was primarily focused on Satyam. With the fall of the company, the major players in the industry shoulders the weight of the IT business around Hyderabad. In addition to IT, they have also made considerable progress in the field of bio-technology through initiatives like Genome Valley and Nanotechnology Park.
- Chennai : Chennai, would have been my second choice instead of Hyderabad. Chennai, is a friendly city with technology majors like TCS and HCL group has major investments. In addition, they are into health care support business as well as automotive industries.
- Thiruvananthapuram : Being the capital of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram is infamous for political issues. However, with the expansion of Technopark and other IT parks Kerala become an attraction for the business groups. UST-Global is one among the top IT company from Kerala with presence in various cities within Kerala
- Pune : Several IT majors like Wipro, Infosys, Satyam, Tata Consultancy Services, Kanbay, Veritas, Cognizant, PCS and Mahindra British Telecom have development shops in Pune.
- Mumbai : The Maharashtra government has done a fantastic job in building the IT corridor connecting International Infotech Park, Millenium Business Park and the Santacruz Electronic Export Processing Zone. For Mumbai, IT comes second or third, where finance is the core of the community and culture.
- Kolkata : According to a recent survey on India’s IT and ITeS sector by the Indian Chamber of Commerce, West Bengal has been recognised as the fastest growing IT destination in the country with more than double the national average growth rate.
- Delhi : The outsourcing industry, which practically took birth in Gurgaon in 1997 with the setting up of GE Capital International Services, the business process outsourcing arm of GE Capital. In 2005, GECIS got an independent entity, Genpact. Apart from Genpact, Gurgaon houses other important knowledge process outsourcing units and BPOs like Dell, Accenture, Hewitt Associates, etc.
- Ahmedabad : In fact, a recent Nasscom survey on the ‘super 9 Indian destinations’ for IT-enabled services ranked Ahmedabad 5th among the top nine most competitive cities in the country.
- Bhubaneswar : The city accounts for almost all of the IT revenue of Orissa and is one of the fastest growing regions in India in this sector.
Read the full report at [link]