I had questions about the above mentioned procedures earlier, I questioned in this site as well as arab times and did not get any satisfactory result, arab times suggested me not to go for it,since it is a long and complicated process,and it is better to go out by cancelling visa and come on new visa with new named passport have they any idea how much a new visa cost and what expenditure to exit with me and my dependant?
But inspite of that I took it a challenge and completed the process, took two months for me and my dependant (It took altogether me and my dependant procedure along with transport charges around 80 KD. fom which more cost was on transportation if u have a car better for you) and now I would like to share this with all my fellow Indians ,so that any one who wants to know this shall have a proper information.nothing is too dificult if you are ready to take little hardships.
1) Go to Indian Embasy and tell them you need to apply for new passport with name change they will guide you by saying that you need to give it in Indian local newspaper and bring the newspaper to them then put it on Kuwait news paper(any one ) and bring both paper to them. but for me I had to only change my maiden name hence they asked me to meet the concellor,which I did along with my renew passport form and old passport and the reason for changing ,as my case had a genieun reason the concellor accepted and signed on the form.it means I got the approval.
2) Go to the passport renewal department with that form of concellars sign they will give you many form, for any other changes such as adding or deleting of spouse name,or parents name change or address change( for which you require one elctric or telephone bill copy of new address in india) in passport you need to mention there so that you may have forms for all those and do the changes at the same time .you can also change your signature on the form without any supporting documents.
3) Submit them to the counter with attached white background photos and fees as they mention,it cost me 15 Kd.roughly.they will give a reciept and ask you to collect it in 15 days.
4) after collecting of the passport if u are having dependant child on you or spouse and your name is on their passport which needs to change then you have to change all their pasports as well.I had to change my child passport.for my name mentioned back side.
5)after you get the passport of yours go to indian embassy and ask for FORM 17 which you require in jawazzat for transfer of visa from old to new passport,get that form 17 attested by indian embassy for KD.6.500 and then get a foriegn affairs stamp of KD. 5.000 on it then go to your jawazzat.
6) Go to the typing center outside Jawazzat and get a form typed for visa tranfer from old PP to New PP along with your blue background photos attached,take that form and go to your company Boss get it signed by mentioning that you changed his name and attach a aitmar tawkia(legal signatory paper of ur boss) copy of your boss,
7)go to jawazzat with all the documetns in your hand inquire and go to mudir of jawazzat and get your form signed by him(you need to go to same jawazzat where your stamp on passport was stamped.)
8)once the mudir approved take a copy of all those papers forms whatever you have and keep with you then take token go to counter to submit with both ur passport(please dont give ny original until asked even form 17 attach copy until asked ),they will stamp your visa on your new passport there.
9)Ask for the civil ID department in the jawazzat where you need the whole copies of documetns which you copied and kept, take your original civil ID, mention to them the name change they will tell you the procedure for civil ID and Civil Id will come in the machine when ready where you have to pay 2 KD and get.
10) if your original Civil Id is kept by the jawazzat civil ID dept. then go with your original passport to collect it on the counter.
11) with the copy of new civil ID and New PP copy attach to your dependant and go to jawazzat for tranfering thier visa on new passport ,where you need to bring into their notice that there is a name change for no further mistakes which will make you run another 100 times.infact every counter you go you need to breif them about new name so they may make no mistake in typing.
12)Once that tranfer is also done go to civil ID department with your forms and original passport, take no. then go inside and mention about the name change before you ask for new civil ID.
Thats the end of the process every where you go need to be careful that they dont do any careless mistakes in your document by reminding them of name change. for mudirs signatures it is your luck but if you have form 17 attested its much easier.
ALL THE BEST