Can you imagine a life without PDF files? Its one of the most essential files that we might actually access these days. Most of the documents we read are in the PDF format. Any document can be converted into PDF format and it is portable across different platforms having different configurations. Have you compared the documents in other formats (like Word) with the same document in PDF format? The very same documents in the PDF Format have a smaller size compared to the other formats. This small size make it extremely convenient to email, upload or share the document. And when we share the PDF document, it will always have the same formatting as we intended; to view or to take a copy in the printer. It could be easily accessed using a free Adobe Reader.
Now unlike Word or Excel, we won’t be able to edit the PDF files. Suppose we want to add or delete some data in the PDF file or make some changes; it is not possible to edit it with the Adobe Reader. We need another software which would convert the PDF file into editable formats and make the changes we need and then convert it back to the PDF format. Its too much of work, I agree, and hence we can make use of the many other tools available to edit these PDF files. There are online editors that are available, for simple editing, so it saves us the trouble of installing the software. If we have a routine task of editing the PDF its better to opt for a PDF Editing software.
- Adobe Acrobat
Adobe Acrobat provides the best and secure solution for editing PDF. The downside is that it would be costly!
PDF Escape is a great tool for online PDF editing. We can add text, sticky notes, arrow, link, form field or even clear off unwanted text. This is a free solution available and really a great product.
PDFFiller can be used to edit the PDF online. We can add data anywhere in the PDF, add our signatures and re-order the pages.
PDFHammer can be used to edit, provide password security, update the PDF metadata and merge different PDF documents.
Using TouchPDF we could upload the PDF files and edit it online. You can add images, text or drawing. This lets you download a PDF for free you may not be possible to take a print out. There is a charge incurred for downloading the printable version of the edited PDF.
- PDFill PDF Editor
Pdfill PDF Editor can be used to Insert, Replace, Delete, Renumber, Extract, Rotate and Crop PDF Pages. We can also add bookmarks, header, footer, watermark, digital signatures and much more using this software!
- Foxit PDF Editor
Foxit can be used to add or edit
- text(insert, change, remove, rotate, copy and paste)
- images(insert, change, remove, rotate, copy and paste, crop, erase, paint)
- add/delete/re-order pages
- Modify font, color, size and other text/graph/image properties
- align objects
NitroPDF seems like a good alternative to Adobe Acrobat and it can be used to
- edit text(font, size, color),
- edit images(insert, resize, rotate, crop, flip, replace, arrange, delete, and extract),
- edit pages (insert, delete, rotate, crop, extract, and replace)
- edit document properties (metadata and initial view settings)
- add headers, footers, watermarks
- add or edit bookmarks and links
- PDF Studio
Using PDF Studio is a PDF editor which can be used to review, annotate and edit PDF documents in Windows, Mac and Linux. You can
- Add Sticky Notes, Hyperlinks, Bookmarks, Graphical Annotations, Sound Annotations, Rubber stamps, Header, Footer, Watermark
- Merge or split documents and set document properties
- Move or delete or Rotate pages
- Extract page ranges to other documents
- Secure documents and apply digital signatures
This is a PDF Editor for operating systems like Unix. PDFEdit is a free and a practical solution. You can
- Add or Edit Pages (change dimensions of a page, change basic fonts or rotate page)
- Edit text (Underline, strike through, highlight, font, color, size, add / delete text)
Now that we are aware of the tools available to edit PDF files, editing the PDFs might be an easier task than what it used to be. Have you used any of these softwares? Or do you use any other than the ones mentioned here? How do you find it? Do you face any challenges? Please let us know!