The advantages of having a Facebook Page is that
- Facebook Page can have unlimited fans
- It will enhance your search results and hence it will be visible to the non-Facebook users also.
- You can also add new Administrators for the Facebook Page, so it can be easier to manage.
When you plan to start a Facebook Page, here are few a few things to be taken care of:
- Facebook Page Name
- Facebook Page Picture
- Write something about your Facebook Page
- Landing Page
- Applications to Engage UsersIf you want the users to stay on your Facebook Page, you need to engage them using the many interesting applications which can be easily integrated into your page. A few of the must add apps include :
- Static FBML – It can used to add customizable tabs on your Facebook Page.
- Networked Blogs – It syndicates you feeds to your wall and also your fan pages.
- Promotions – Its a great application for companies to list promotions and also to include contests and giveaways!
- Polls – Polls are a great way to keep the users interested in your page and we can also use polls to understand the users view of our Facebook page.
- Reviews – You can use Reviews to get the users’ opinions. Any business would be successful only we get an idea of what the customer wants and how we can satisfy them. You can also ask them questions to get an idea of their interests or conduct quizzes to test their knowledge.
- Discussion Board – Discussion board is a must- include app in every business as it helps to know what the users think and feel.
There are a large number of apps available for Facebook. Check the ones that are really needed for you Facebook page, make sure they are secure and add them!
- Post content
- Link Facebook to Twitter
Have a great name for the Facebook Page preferably the real name of your business.and it always better not to change it for the sake of Search Engine Optimization. Try to get at least 100 fans at the first shot, so that you could get your username in the URL for the Facebook Page. eg. www.facebook.com/username.
Like you Facebook Page name, your Page Picture is also important. Thats one way people recognize your business.
Its a small box that is visible on the left side of the page. A brief description about your facebook page is essential for the people to know what the Facebook Page is about. First Impression does count so you need to make it real impressive.
The landing page, is the page a user gets when he/she visits the Facebook Page. Now the landing page should be mostly the “Info” tab or any other customizable tab which we create(using Static FBML which we will be referring to later in this post) rather than the “Wall” tab as the users should know what the Facebook Page is about. In order to change the Landing Page you can click the “Edit Page” followed by “Manage Permissions” (Please refer the diagram below). In the Info tab make sure your mention the important keywords describing your business as you need to be listed in the search results.
To prevent your existing users from losing interest in your Facebook Page and also to bring in new users, you need to post interesting and relevant content. Facebook is like any other blog. The more interesting and the informative the content is, the users might stay.
You can post your Facebook updates to Twitter. This is good option as Twitter is an equally powerful tool that can be used to broadcast the updates.