Things you should ensure prior to the birth of the baby
In order to obtain your baby’s Kuwait birth certificate and to have your baby’s passport stamped with a residence visa, you should produce your original marriage certificate attested by the corresponding ministry in your country or the country where the marriage has taken place. Marriage Affidavit issued by your embassy in Kuwait is also acceptable.
This needs to be attested at the embassy of your country in Kuwait as well. Then you will need to translate this certificate into Arabic and it requires to be be certified by and finally by Ministry of Justice Kuwait. Then the documents to be submitted to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Kuwait for further certification
As this take time, you will need to get this ready even before the delivery of the baby in Kuwait
Getting the Birth certificate of the Infant born in Kuwait(from the ministry of health registry office)
The Birth Certificate for the baby born in Kuwait should be applied within 10 working days of birth
- Take the pink form from the hospital. If it is a holiday, then collect it on the very next working day. The pink form is not the birth certificate, but merely the the information about your child
- Submit the pink form at the Registrar of Births and Death as per your locality. If you are not sure about the office to go, ask the hospital to tell you the name and location of the registry office you need to visit.
- The following documents are needed when you submit the application for the birth certificate:
- The pink form given to you by the hospital
- both parents’ passports
- photocopies of the visa pages and photo pages of both parents’ passports
- both parents’ civil IDs
- photocopies of both sides of both parents civil IDs
- an attested and certified Arabic copy of your marriage certificate/affidavit
- Submit written note of child’s first name in Arabic.
- They will give you a date to collect the certificates. Collect the certificates on the date mentioned
- The birth certificate has to be attested on the last inside page at Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA), which will cost you KD 5
- The MoFA in Shuwaikh is located beside KUNA and operates between 7 am – 12 pm and the MoFA in Liberation Tower operates between 4 pm and 6 pm
Getting the passport in Kuwait
The next step is to get the passport for your child. You will have to the procedures at the respective embassies. Since they are not generic procedures for all, it will be addressed separately.
Obtaining the residence for your child in Kuwait
The residency of your child should be processed within two months of the birth.
To obtain the residence and civil ID for your child, you will need to follow the normal procedure of making the family visa in Kuwait